They arrived on Friday morning and we hung out and visited for some time. As soon as Brittany got home from school we went up to the Air Force Academy for a little walk and drive around to see what was good to see there. It was a little chilly but a good time. That night after dinner we had a little cookout in the backyard where we roasted s'mores and enjoyed talking. Later that night we stayed up way to late talking but I just can't seem to get enough of my big sister. I felt bad keeping Annas up so late but I really enjoyed the visit. The little kids went to bed and the big kids watched Pirates of the Caribbean. Sure do love clear play so that I can feel ok about letting my kids watch shows like that.
Anyway, on Saturday we met Sperry and his family and all three families enjoyed some time at the pumpkin patch. Funny thing, of all the pictures we got, we didn't get any of the pumpkin patch itself. Also, of all the fun things we did, I only had the camera handy for this event.
Pony rides. Hans refused to ride cuz the horses were "stuck to that thing" and so he couldn't ride fast and they weren't "big enough anyway, gosh" Everyone else had fun riding the ponies. There was also a little kiddi train and of course the pumpkins. It was nice weather and a good time for all the kids.
Following the Pumpkin patch, we had Michael's soccer game and then we went to Sperry's house for dinner and more visiting and of course a BYU football game (big disappointment) We didn't get home too late buy by the time we did I think it took me all of two seconds to fall asleep. Boy was I exhausted.
Sunday we got all 18 people bathed and ready for church. Isn't that amazing!? It was fast Sunday for us since we have Stake Conf this weekend and the Whites were holding a special fast for James's sister so that worked out well. It started to snow just as we got to church. The Whites headed out just after Sacrament Mtg. The snow wasn't too bad and they made it all the way home safe.
Like I said before, It was so great to have them here. It was a huge group of people which has the potential for disaster but I had a WONDERFUL time and I think everyone else did as well. Please come any time White family, we love you and loved having you!
1 comment:
What FUN. Oh I just wish I was close to my wonderful family :)
Post a Comment