Sunday, November 1, 2009

Catherine's birthday

I know it was ages ago but you all know how on the ball I am so anyway, here it is.
On Oct 2 Catherine finally got her long awaited friends birthday party. I usually only let them invite friends on their 6 and 16th Bday and last year we were not able to do Catherine's so here she finally got to have it. Boy was she excited. She planned for months in advance just exactly what she wanted to do. She decided on a Cowgirl theme.

She invited friends from school and church and a cousin, and had them all dress up in their Western wear. They were all really cute.

For activities we had stick horse races, mined for gold (searched for pennies in the sand box), had a sharp shooter contest (shooting the flame out on a candle with squirt bottle guns), a roping competition (tying knots in a licorice rope), made vests, pin the badge on the sheriff, I can't remember what else. It was all great fun though. Brittany and Allison were the main hostesses. They basically put on the whole party. I'm so thankful they were able to do that cuz I really didn't feel well enough to be doing all of that.







It was a super fun day for sweet Catherine. She loved having friends over and naturally loved all of her fun gifts. She is such a loving person. What a tremendous joy she is in our family and among her friends.

No comments: