Friday, October 16, 2009

Michaels B-day

I know it was almost a million years ago but I'm finally getting around to the Post. Michael's Birthday was on a Tuesday, August 25th.
We decided to do our fun activity on the previous Saturday and then have his special dinner and gifts on the actual day. Saturday morning we went to the base to watch the AF football team have what was supposed to be a scrimmage and ended up being just a practice and was really boring. Michael had a good time though cuz he went down on to the field and played a game of football with a bunch of kids on the side line. It was quite funny cuz he knows nothing about football and so they'd just tell him what to do and he'd do it but they all wanted him on their team cuz he throws catches and runs so well. For a kid who's never played a second of football he did amazingly well and loved it.


Later that afternoon, Mike took the kids to the Zoo. They (as always) had a wonderful time. It's funny to me that they just NEVER get tired of going there. I was way too sick and tired to hike around the Zoo so I didn't go.


That night I took Michael out for ice cream, just the two of us. It was fun and yummy.

Tuesday night after soccer practice (so it was late) Michel got to have his choice of dinner. He chose enchilada, Caesar salad, and grapes. I thought that was a bit strange to have enchilada and Caesar salad together but that's what he wanted so that's what he had.
He got lots of fun gifts from all the family and had a very good time becoming our newest official double digit midget!
He's such a great guy and we sure do love him and are SOOO thankful that he is in our family.


2 comments:

Brigham Redd said...

Happy BIrthday Michael. Sounds like it was a fun celebration. We love double digit midgets. :)

Jordan said...

Ha, ha, Yes the double digit midget! Happy Birthday Michael- you are one cool guy :)
luv aunt charity