This week has been terrific. We had a few relapses of illness but overall it was good. We had regular school most days. Mike had to go to work a couple days since they were having an inspection. It was not much but they counted it as work days and so his two weeks off are still ahead of us!
On Monday night, we had a nice FHE with our whole family together again finally. Mike also did some home repair tasks that he will continue working on over the next two weeks and probably well beyond.
Tuesday we had school and then Allison and Michael got to go take some tests. In Colorado, home schoolers are required to take tests in all of the odd numbered years of school to prove that they are being educated. I think they did great. We will get the scores in a few weeks. Tuesday night we got to go to the church. Aunnika on down went into the nursery and played with toys and watched a movie. Aunnika thought it was pretty cool that she was the babysitter. Michael had cub scouts, Allison had activity days, and Brittany had New Beginnings for YW so Mike and I went to that. She was one of the speakers and as a young beehive she out shined all the other speakers there. I was so proud of my little girl. She has grown into such a lovely young lady.
Wednesday night after (well really during) piano lessons, Mike and I went on a date. We went to dinner and planed to go play racket ball after but Mike got sick during dinner so we went and got a movie instead. We'll have to do the racket ball date this week.
Thursday, Michael had basketball and Mike got to take him to that. I think they had a good time. Allison and Brittany had dance and I know they had a good time. They always come home from dance class giggling and dancing around the house. I'm glad they enjoy it so well. The kids all had their home school academy that day so Mike and I went and looked at counter top options for the kitchen and then he went into work while I started getting things ready for the big party on Friday.
And that's what we did on Friday, we made food and more food and even more food and then we ran out of time and space so we stopped making food and started our Christmas Eve party. It was great fun. Most of the girls had to leave the party for a while for dance classes but they didn't mind terribly. We have been eating the leftovers for the last two days but it's super yummy and most of us are trying several of the items for the first time since there was so much there we couldn't possibly have some of everything on the first go round.
OK well on Saturday, we had our Christmas fun morning and then Brittany went to dance class and the rest of us spent a bit of time out in the yard doing a little cleaning up and a lot of play. It was just really beautiful weather so we took advantage of it. We then got the kids bathed and in bed and then Mike and I read a book together. It is a pretty cool one and when we finish it I'll let you all know if we recommend it.
Today at church, Mike got a new calling. He's now the second counselor in the Elders Quorum. That means I'm still alone in nursery but at least he'll be here to enjoy sacrament meeting with us all. I LOVE having him back.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My email is wackywebbs@gmail.com - Steph
Post a Comment