Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'm all worn out

It's been another ridiculously busy week. I'm tired of all these busy weeks. I want a peaceful one some day. I'm told, however, that it's only going to get crazier for the next several years and then all of a sudden there will be no one left to run to this that or the other and we will be alone. I imagine they know what they're talking about because "they've" been right so far about how fast they grow and all that jazz but right now I'm just worn out with all we have going on.

Michael is my lunch fixin' guy and on Monday, Daniel was his helper. Aren't they cute?!
I'll just run through it all chronologically sort of. Monday there was no school so being the mean mom that I am, I made my kids do a little but they really did mostly have the day off. We spent the majority of the day texturing walls. We got all the texturing done and then decided we needed to give it a few hours to dry without little fingers etc getting too close so for FHE we headed up to the base and went bowling. It was great fun. We then went to CiCi's pizza for dinner and while it was the same old place we used to go many years ago, it was way more expensive so we won't be doing that again.





Tuesday, Brittany headed off to school at her normal hour and then went straight from school to the church where the youth met for a temple trip. We didn't see her again until after 9:00 that night. Mike went back to work for the first time (officially) since his return from Germany. He said there was a lot of catching up to do and it's crazy busy there too but good to be back. The rest of us had school here and then played and had a fun afternoon. We fixed some dinner and then took it with up to the Home School Academy's potluck dinner and program. It was fun to be there with the rest of the families and then the kids did a down right adorable program. We hustled out of there after the program and came home to divide and conquer. Mike and Michael headed to the church for EQ pres. training and scouts, I went to our annual neighborhood HOA mtg. and Allison stayed home with the little ones to babysit. It was a busy evening but lots of good things happened.

Wednesday, Brittany's Battle of the Books team (who had won on a school level) went to another school to compete for the area. They did pretty good (didn't win) and had a really fun time which is why they do it anyway. We had our counter tops measured so those should be here in about a week! I'm so excited to get the kitchen done. It is going to look awesome! We had piano lessons early by half an hour and then Mike took the older kids to a piano fireside thing put on by Marvin Goldstein. Brittany, Allison, and Michael enjoyed it. Aunnika and Catherine thought it was terribly boring. I stayed home with the little boys and they had a marvelous time in the tub playing with their wild animals and then I got them to bed and went and ran on my treadmill oooo I hate doing that.

Thursday was all hustle and bustle getting the kids off to HSA and then Hans Daniel and I got to come home and make our shopping list. We had to pause to watch a few wild animal videos on YouTube. They expect that now, and then we went grocery shopping. We only had to go to one store since Mike is back and will do the non-Sams shopping up at the Commissary now. YAY! Thursday evening, Michael had basketball, the big girls had dance, the home teachers came after that and then the day was over. It's so funny when Michael gets home from basketball he always wants to go shoot out in the driveway for a while and when the girls get home from dance they are tapping and jazzing all over the house for several hours after. I'm glad they all enjoy what they're doing.

Friday we had our abbreviated school as usual and then headed to the library. We always enjoy that. Friday afternoon was the usual dance classes for most of the evening and them Mike and I were going to go up to Denver and go to the Temple but decided it would be nice to go nowhere and do nothing. So that's what we did. Well except that he went and gave someone a blessing. But oh it was nice to have an evening at home with nothing to run and do.

Saturday morning Michael had a basketball game and Brittany had dance and then all but Brittany and Daniel had a Primary activity. Mike and Daniel and I went and picked out a faucet to go on our new sink and got stuff taped and prepped for taping. We had a minor run in with our nutty neighbor and had the police here for a little while taking a report from us this time. Once we got the kids to bed we started painting the primer in the kitchen. With all the taping and covering of stuff it took up until midnight to get it about half done but we should be able to finish that after the kids go to bed on Monday and then paint the next few nights and have the painting done before the counter tops come on Friday. We will get those on, put the sink together and then (I think) the kitchen will be basically done. I still want to do some lighting changes but we haven't figured out what or how yet so that's just going to count as a separate project.

Oh a little funny for you all. Daniel loves to say that he's going to grow-up and get married. He'll just come up to us out of the blue and say, "I'm going to grow-up, and then get married" Some times he reverses the order which makes it funny but anyway, on Saturday I was changing his diaper and asked him if he wanted to go potty in the toilet. He said, "No, not yet" I asked if he'd try it later and he said, "yep, I'm going to grow up, and get married, and then go potty in the toilet" I had a good laugh over that.

Well we hope all is well for you. Love the Stone Gang

No comments: