Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday letter is back

2009, I like typing that. I'm happy to be writing to everyone again. I post to my blog, well I used to post to my blog each week. I am trying to get back into the habit. But today, I just feel like writing to everyone and saying hello and we love you.
This week has been a crazy and good one. Monday we spent our last wonderful day in Utah. It was such a great holiday and I really thought after three weeks there I would be so ready to come home but rather I felt like I could use just a bit more time there. It was really just so wonderful. Tuesday we finished packing up and then flew home. Ammon met us at the airport in Denver with KFC for our dinner on the drive home. I don't think he even knew what a great choice that was. I love KFC and never buy it so it was way enjoyed by me. Wednesday I got sick. Wouldn't ya know. Anyway, we didn't have school that day so we did some unpacking and cleaning up along with a little prep for school the next day. Thursday we were back in full swing. The older five all had school, the little boys and I went grocery shopping as usual, and then Mike and I got to visit on skype for a while. Thursday night the big girls had dance and I thought Michael had bball practice but after racing over to the YMCA we were notified that it doesn't start till next week. The big girls got their dance costumes for the recital in June and they are cute. Friday, we had Ortho appts for the morning and so we didn’t get much of our home school done. We did have a nice day though. We had three dance classes and lots of snow. I finally found a dentist who was willing to allow a large family to come on two days instead of one or two a day. They are at the same place as the ortho so we will have four with the girls next ortho appt and then four more with their appt the next month. Now how convenient is that. I was very happy for that solution. Friday night was movie night so the kids watched Anne of green Gables while we ate a yummy Papa Murphy's pizza that I designed as they made it. It was way good. I also watched a movie Friday night and then visited with Mike on skype for a while. It was an all and all good day. Saturday I couldn't tell you what we did but it seems we were pretty busy all day. Michael had a scout thing (a little like a day camp) at the Air Force Academy. He had a wonderful time. Mike and I worked on our budget for the year for many hours. The kids played, cleaned, whatever and then the day was over. Today, Sunday, we don't have church until 11:00 now so we all slept in. I am amazed but the kids actually slept in so I did too. We were all ready to go about 30 min early so we got to have a nice Sunday morning and then church went really well. The kids all got to meet their new teachers and enjoyed that. They all seem to be perfectly happy with them. Hans went to sunbeams. I was quite surprised. His teacher reported that he was an angle and I was again surprised but then he told me he never wants to go to sunbeams again, just nursery. Now that is no surprise. I only have one more Sunday before Mike will be here to enjoy the craziness of it all with me. I am so so so excited for him to come home but as my wise sister-in-law said, I just have to try not to think about it or I'll make myself crazy. Well I'm already crazy as I am pretty sure most of you can attest to. But I'm having a hard time functioning when that’s all I can think about. I have lots of big goals for the new year and am thinking that if I report my progress on some of them that will be one of my forms of accountability. So for one, I am going to run in a 5K for my birthday and I'm not going to be humiliated by my time. I was doing fine running the distance while we were in Utah but as soon as I tried it here I just couldn't do it. I know the elevation is the main factor in that but I am running the 5K here so I am going to just have to keep working at it. Another of my goals is to keep a better record of our life as a family. Well that is here and now. So if I don't send out my weekly email or post to my blog then you can feel free to give me a "swift kick in the pants" Love to all, Mylinda and the fam

No comments: