Sunday, January 25, 2009
Sunday 25 January
Well it's been a really good week. While the rest of the world had Monday off school my poor kids have a mean teacher and so we still had school. Several of the kids were sick but we managed. Tuesday we had school and then I ran several errands that needed to be done before Mike came home :) and than we made bread and got ready for the Pinewood Derby!! Wahooza! Ammon and Allison got here to enjoy it all with us. Michael was sick but helped Uncle Amps get his car finished and then we all had dinner and were headed off to the races. It was a really fun night and (as previously posted) Michael's car did great. Wednesday was supposed to be regular school and super cleaning day but I woke up WAY sick. So I pretty much stayed in bed all day as did Michael. I'm am once again so very thankful for my wonderful children. Allison kept everything under control for the day. I got down stairs to give everyone their English lessons and then they were on their own for the rest of it all. They did great. We cancelled our piano lessons for the night though. Thursday I drug myself out of bed to get the kids off to their school. I dropped them off and did what cleaning I could manage but really had no energy. We didn't get any grocery shopping done. Oh well. I went and picked the kids up from school and everyone got their areas cleaned and than we headed to the airport. We waited there for nearly an hour and I was still REALLY miserable mind you, when Mike called. He was in Chicago. All his flights had been changed and he had called someone to have them contact me and let me know cuz he didn't want to wake me in the middle of the night being so sick and all. Well his guy on that end failed to inform me! I was mad, sad, and sick. I took the kids and we went and got some dinner and Carl's Jr. and came home to eat it. Brittany and Allison had been at dance class so they came home after that and were disappointed that Daddy wasn't here but glad they got to go to the airport to meet him later that night. We finished dinner, got it cleaned up, had devotional, read a story and then were ready to return to the airport. This time We met Mike there and it was a glorious reunion! Friday Mike had to go into work for the morning so we had school and then when he got home had lunch and spent a wonderful day figuring out what we wanted to do with his time off and showing him all the things we'd done while he was away. Friday evening all the girls had their dance classes and so Mike and I did a little grocery shopping and then when they got home we went on a little date. I was still quite sick so he had a nice big dinner and I had some salad and bread and we enjoyed a nice evening out. It really was nice. We came home and watched a movie and then went to bed. Saturday we started off the day with a little regular Saturday cleaning and then the big girls went to dance while we were working here at home. The rest of us left for Michael's basketball game just before they got home. The game was fun for all. We went and did a little Christmas shopping after than and then came home and had lunch and then Daniel and I went to bed. Ugh I felt rotten. Mike and the kids washed both cars and played some and then I finally got up and we finished fixing our big Thanksgiving dinner which was enjoyed by all. I'd been working on it a little here and there when I had strength over the last few days so the final prep was some fun work for us to all do together and then to eat and enjoy all together. Saturday night I still felt pretty crumby so we just got the kids bathed and to bed and then went to bed ourselves. Today, Mike took most of the family to church while I stayed home with Daniel and Allison who were both just coughing way to much to allow them to be there with other people. They had a good time there and then after church we had Thanksgiving leftovers and played a big family game of Trains. It was really fun. We then had our Thanksgiving Pies and ice cream for dinner and had devotional and then Mike was off to Stake priesthood. That's where were at now. It's so good to be all together as a family again. I so thankful for such a marvelous man as my husband and for such wonderful children. Life is truly Wonderful. Love to all, Mylinda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment