This is a rare moment. I am home all alone. The house is a mess (not rare) and dinner needs completing, but I felt the need to take advantage of this time to do a quick blog post.
It's been a busy and good month for us all. Allison, Michael, Aunnika, and Catherine all started their home school academy. That is a once a week school they go to for extra curricular stuff for those who didn't know. I love it, they love it, we're all happy. While they are gone on Thursdays, Hans, Daniel and I get to go grocery shopping. It's really great fun. I love having a specific time set aside during which I can get my shopping done and the little boys have a good time doing it with me.
Also new this month, Allison started violin lessons. She is really enjoying that and so excited to be able to play another instrument. I'm glad she's enjoying it and it really doesn't sound as bad as I was afraid it might at the beginning.
Michael and Aunnika have been doing the running club. Tonight is their last race. Michaels goal is to do the mile and a half in 10 min and Aunnikas is to do the mile in 8. I certainly couldn't do it so I'm proud of them and their ambition.
All four girls are doing dance lessons again. Brittany and Allison have two classes each week and Aunnika and Catherine have one each. It has gotten in the way of our Friday date night but otherwise is a wonderful thing that the girls sure love. Mike and I have just had to move our date night to Saturday and try to get in earlier.
Early in September, we enjoyed getting to have my mom spend a day with us. She is so wonderful and we LOVED having her for the day. later that week Dad and the other home bodies came out for Ian's baptism and baby Ammons blessing. We got to participate in all of the good times that went along with that. Oh what wonderful blessings we have in our family!
Last week I got a new church calling. I was released from the nursery and called to be the Laurels advisor. This is the first time I will have worked in the Young Women's program and I'm both excited and nervous. I thought I would dread a calling in the YW but I'm actually pretty excited about it.
On Saturday, Mike took the four oldest kids on a hike and then fishing trip. It was a pretty steep hard hike so the little ones couldn't go, but those who did loved it. They report it was challenging but exciting and beautiful. I'm glad we get opportunities like that. Makes for good memories.
Also on Saturday, Michael had a soccer game. This was his third or fourth game this season. He is playing wonderfully and his team plays really well together. It's so fun to see how they've improved over the last few years. What a fun sport and boy Michael is a fun kid to watch play. He really is quite good. I try not to be too proud but really, what can I say, I'm his Mama!
And finally, we suspected last month but are now sure, We are expecting baby #8 at the end of April. We are so excited! Other than being INCREDIBLY sick and rather tired, I guess all is well. I am having a pretty hard time dealing with how sick I feel but I think I've done a decent job of hiding it. (Right Sara and Allison?) Anyway, I was going to wait until I was like halfway through my pregnancy and in my own personal danger zone before I made a Dr appt. but decided that I'd try to be cooperative and do things there way since I'm going to give them such a hard time throughout the pregnancy anyway. So as we learn more we'll share more.
Guess I better go get dinner on the table.
Love to all, M&M
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations!
Congratulations on baby #8! Wow! You are super-mom. I always LOVE reading about your busy family. What talented kids you have. I am sorry you are so sick with your pregnancy. I hope it passes soon!
Post a Comment