I'm so far behind that I'm mostly just going to race through August. The big events were: Dad and Alli ran in a 10K race. I was so so proud of Allison for running that. I know I couldn't do it. I have been trying to convince my body for years that it wants to run but It still doesn't believe me. Allison on the other hand, is a really good runner. She and Mike ran that race together in better than their goal time and had a great time doing it.
Brittany had her first day of school on the 18th. She is thrilled to be back in school and reports all good things for every class but gym where she feels like they just do far to much physical stuff! Ha ha. Guess that's why they used to call it physical education. Michael is back in full swing with soccer and lovin' every minute of it. He has soccer during our piano lesson time so I got him a new teacher and he now has piano lessons during the day. Catherine also started piano lessons with this new teacher. She is supposed to practice 15 min a day but so far has done about an hour a day. She just loves playing the piano. I wonder how long the fascination will last.
Brittany went on a youth temple trip that she thought was just wonderful. It's so funny, every time she gets home from anything she just is so excited about it and all that occurred. I so glad that she so loves life.
All the other kids are now in school full swing. I'm so exhausted! It is so so much work. We are having a good time though and learning lots of interesting stuff and reading lots of neat books. I think one of my favorite things in the world is teaching something to someone and seeing the light come on. It is so thrilling to them when they "get it" and I just love that moment and being there to witness it with my own beautiful kids. Being a mom is awesome. It's awesome wonderful, and awesome hard, and awesome tiring.
We also had our neighborhood picnic in August. It was fun to go visit and eat and enjoy living in such a wonderful neighborhood. I love this place and really don't want to leave it, but alas life in the military does not allow for such things.
Finally and certainly not least Michael had his 10th birthday, that will receive it's very own post.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment