Sunday, March 15, 2009

Midway Through March!

This month is just FLYING by it seems. I don't have any pictures to share but we've had a fun week none the less. I'd say most of the week was our normal busy lots of stuff every day. The out of the ordinary things were; Tuesday we made what we hope to be our final pre-trial appearance, the prosecutor we met with was a total arrogant jerk and wouldn't even look at the wittiness statements we brought in. We are going to our hearing at the end of April. I'm SOOO sick of this whole stupid business. I am astounded that we got the ticket in the first place (for those who don't know, we got a ticket for the kids playing too loud in the back yard. I know, outrageous) I am amazed that the prosecution is going to go through with this rather than dismiss the charges. so when it comes down to it I will be amazed and yet some how not if we are found guilty. When I say we, I mean me since I'm the one on the ticket. Anyway, there is really no end in site since there is nothing anyone is willing to do to prevent this from just start all over again once we get this dumb thing resolved for this go round.

For our date on Friday, Mike and I went up to the Academy and played racket ball. It was tons of fun and VERY funny. (I'm really glad we don't have any pictures of that) We then went and got some hot chocolate and read together for a while. It was a marvelous date.

Saturday while Mike took Michael to his last basketball game, I got the little boys wall taped for painting. Mike got it all painted quick when he got home and then we all loaded up and headed down town for the St. Patrick's day parade. The weather was perfect and though we were not too warm or too cold, a few of us got a little sun burn. I always seem to manage to forget about that. The kids got plenty of candy and necklaces etc and then we headed home. We realized that we really didn't have anything for lunch at home so while trying to decide what to do about that, I remembered that Sam's club was having a little St. Patrick's day thing so we went over there. They had booths set up where the kids answered silly questions and earned shamrocks and then when they had 10 they would go to a prize table and trade them in for a prize (a cookie or some candy) we also got hot dogs for everyone and that was our lovely lunch for the day but it was lots of fun for the kids. We finally got home from that and went out to the back yard to work on our landscape design. (We sure wish Darren was here to help) we got a plan drawn up and moved one bush. It was hard work and took a while. The kids mostly played throughout all that. We then had dinner and got the kids to bed and then Mike and I built a fire in the fire place, set up the computer by it, brought the two big bean bags up from the basement, went and got some more yummy hot chocolate and watched a movie, ate key lime pie and sipped hot cocoa in front of the fire. It was the best! I do wish I had a picture of that. It really was great!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds heavenly. Your red kitchen is delightful. Makes me miss my red kitchen in Kentucky. It was actually red and yellow- like yours. I always found it to be cheery. Put some red geraniums in a pot and you'll be good to go! Love your updates. It makes me feel like we aren't so far away.