So It's been two weeks and while I sure lots of great things have happened over the last two weeks, few come to mind.
I love living in Colorado Springs. It is a beautiful place. While it is a pretty good size city, it still has a bit of a small town feel to it. Usually I feel like I can trust people who we employ to do things, for example repair the car or install counter tops etc. I live in a quiet old neighborhood but am 2 min from SEVERAL stores that I love. (Mike doesn't feel like that is such a great thing. He thinks I might be a little more hesitant to go shopping if it took more of an effort) But one of my very most favorite things about the Springs, is that I have family here! I have my two brothers and their families and one cousin! Last Sunday we had our monthly family dinner over at Sperry and Sara's house and if was so nice to sit and enjoy the company of my family. Next Sunday we are planning on going to David and Ramona's (my cousin) and enjoy a meal and some visiting there. I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!!
The next thing I have thought of that occurred in the last two weeks, I flew to Utah (with my two sister-in-laws who live here) and went to the Andersen family women's conference. It was wonderful. I was uplifted and spiritually fed but best of all I got to be with TONS of family. Aunts, cousins, Gma, second Aunts, second cousins, etc etc (get the picture?) and it was awesome cuz... I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!!!
While I was gone, Mike and Michael put the last of the cabinets back up and while it's not totally done, here are some pictues of it. We also tried some paint that is a bit yellow on one wall to consider for the dinning room and it looks aweful so don't worry, the yellow will go away but I love the red. So here finally are some pictures of my kitchen.



Finally, we got to celebrate Aunnika's 8th birthday. Today she turned 8 years old. Last night Mike and I took her out for her special 8th birthday dinner (a family tradition) and she loved it. She told us so several times and then on the way home, she said "this is the best thing that will ever happen in my whole life!!" Well I'm glad she liked it so much but I certainly hope it won't be the best thing ever to happen to her in her life. Tonight we had part two of her birthday celebration with her selected dinner (that usually wouldn't happen on the 8th birthday but because hers fell on a Sunday, we had to take her out last night so she chose tonight's dinner) We then sang to her and opened presents. We will complete the celebration tomorrow night with cake and ice cream.

So there you have the latest and greatest from the Stone house.
3 comments:
I can't believe that sweet little Aunnika is eight years old already! I have a mental image of her as an adorable CTR5 in Primary singing time. Congratulations on her very special birthday.
BTW, your red kitchen looks very snazzy.
Mylinda!
yay, thanks for coming back to the blogging world :) I really like your kitchen. I'm so glad you got to go to africa teehe(jordan is sad they changed the name) I really wish I could have been there. I didn't know mona lived near you- thats fun.
ps. you weren't boring me with your journal (as long as you still keep up on your blog its all good to me)
I love your blog, so don't go changing it too much!
You're kitchen looks great!
Post a Comment