Thursday while the kids were at school, Brittany got to join Hans, Daniel and I for our fun grocery shopping trip and then we took her for her fun birthday shopping trip. One of her gifts was a Sunday outfit. The shopping was great fun. Thursday evening we took all except Brittany and Allison (they went to dance) up to the base for a "mandatory" dinner activity thing for Mike. I took Michael to soccer practice and then met Mike and the rest of the gang up there. We had a lame dinner and even lamer (is that a word?) activity and then hurried home to get away from all the lameness.
Friday we had all the tons of dance classes but added all of our piano lessons to that and them Mike and I went on a fun date. And then came Saturday Whew!
We started off with a quick breakfast and then all went to the church for our turn to help clean. We got home and delivered Brittany to dance and went to look at some trees for our back yard, to create a barrier between ours and our dear lovely NOT neighbor. We liked the trees so they came back and dropped them off here and then left to deliver the rest. While they were gone we cleared rock form where we wanted the trees and fixed sprinklers and cleaned up pine needles and branches etc etc. Anyway, I went in to put some potatoes in the oven for lunch and then went back out to help with the yard again and realized I'd left my gloves in the house so went back in to get them and there was smoke coming out of the oven so I went to see what was up and the element in there was sparking like crazy and then a potato caught fire and well it was pretty exciting and the oven doesn't work anymore. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if I hadn't left my garden gloves in there?!
The tree guys came back and we got the trees planted (they are terrific!) As they were leaving, I came in to make a phone call and the phone lines were dead. You guessed it, we cut the phone line. I guess now, as several times before, I am so thankful for my cell phone and wonder how we survived without these things. I felt like such a criple without my computer though. There were so many time just in that short span that I though I'de just go look somthing up on line but, no that could not be. It will be a while before they can actually fix it. Apparently cutting phone lines is very popular this time of year. They hooked us back up with a temporary line today though. So we're back in business.
Today officially started our Spring break! There were only 4 kids in nursery today. Cool! We had a super yummy crockpot and stove top dinner. See, no problem we can't handle. We then spent most of the remainder of the day playing games with one short interruption by the Home Teacher. All in all a glorious day. Can't wait for more.
Love to all
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Britty, we are sorry we didn't call back it was a rough evening--but it looks like a yummy cake and I can just hear her saying no more pictures! Love you Brit. I'm glad your trees look good,yay. And can we say what a blessing you left your gloves? wow. Glad that you are all safe.
--Charity
Your family is certainly growing up; happy birthday to Brittany! I'm glad to hear she's still has her sweet, eager-to-please personality. My experience with teens was that even if they have a few Dr Jekel and Mr Hyde years, they return to normal around the age of 17. What a wonderful family you have; I'm so glad I found your blog.
That cake looks delicious!
I'm glad your kids remember me! They are so darling and I had such a fun time with your family back in London. You guys are the best for taking three teenagers around Europe...
Post a Comment