Hello there from Stuttgart. Just wanted to share a few photos from a France trip. This is a typical pottery store in Soufflemheim, France - just over the border from Germany.
It was one of the more expensive places but had some very nice hand made and hand painted pottery.

Across the Street was this good looking window full of pastries. I will add a couple more shots of these below. Included in them are a couple of renditions of the local pottery paterns in chocolate - stop drooling on the keyboard!
Soufflemheim was not to be outdone by the story book town of Wissembourg below. It is the sight of a town frought border changes. It was built in the 11th to 13th century as a fortress surrounding a Monestary type facility for church clerics and bishops. It changed hands several times and has an amazing history. These two shots are from the little river that runs through town. Germans still work the grape vineyards on the hills above town now so you have German wine made from French grapes.


These pictures show some of the old timber homes and the huge cathedral style church in the background
I think they would make a nice picture book entry. Even though it looks nice and sunny in the pictures it was a balmy 25 degress with 20mph winds - just perfectttttt riiiight?
As we went on through town we ran across this beautiful house below. It was the best looking one we saw but very typical of most of the structures there.

Well, I will share some more pictures over time. This is my first attempt at posting to this blog thing as Myna has been posting my comments for me. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I will share more pictures from Lauscha Germany and a glass blowing factory along with scenes from Innsbruk, Austria next Sunday.
May the Lord continue to bless you and please know that one of the blessing I value most is the wonderful circle of family and friends that I enjoy! Mike




No comments:
Post a Comment