Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halaluja for November!

This weeks installment is a combined effort with Mike's comments in black and Mylinda's in red. Typing is pretty tough with this dumb brace on my arm so most of it will be in black.
Hello from the Stones and Stein! Hope this week finds you all happy and well. We are enjoying the fun of extreme kitchen make over coupled with the start of basketball season and the end of the soccer season at the Stone house. Ammon and Allison have been graciously working with Myna on the kitchen these past several days and we have some beautiful new cabinets mostly in place. Next on the list is the demise and reconstruction of the pantry and movement of the fridge and a few other items.


Well, some people might like this but I thought the cabinets were hideous so here are the before pictures and in a few weeks I'll post the after. I must say, I'm LOVIN' it so far!


The boys had a great time playing on a trampoline covered with leaves.



Michael's latest clay creation. All the kids decided this was their favorite pass time this week.




Gutting and carving pumpkins is always great fun. Due to a wrist injury, the kids were on their own this year and they did a terrific job.




The family found some time to have some fun this week as well. Amidst the normal fray of school each day, dance lessons, basketball practice and piano there was time to carve pumpkins and attend the ward chili cook off slash harvest party. There was fun had by all as they enjoyed chili and the very torturous "brownie tasting". The kids had some fun with booths and then the looting of cars - I mean trunk or treating of course - of all of their candy. Later in the week there was some amazing pumpkin carving art that the kids did on their own. Myna has tendinitis in her wrist so the kids did their own carving of necessity. I don't know exactly how I injured it but it's making life a bit difficult! I'm just glad I just have a removable brace and not a cast. I can still give baths and change diapers and do dishes etc. etc. Everyone came through the affair with 10 fingers and some very nice pumpkins.

The week culminated with a trick or treating run through the neighborhood courtesy of our backyard neighbors. The kids were so so cute and since most of our neighborhood is older people they were pretty popular and invited in and asked to come back. Then Myna and the kids had a fun chicken soup dinner with them. What a wonderful blessing these neighbors are for us. Michael had a great basketball game on Saturday. He scored more than 60% of the points and was key in preventing the other team from scoring any. And everyone enjoyed a little extra sleep with the time change for the weekend.

All in all it has been another great week of life in the Stone and Stein locations. Mike is very busy solving problems in EUCOM but still unable to compare with the work Myna is maintaining at home. We are very grateful to you all for your faith and prayers. In particular we are grateful to Ammon and Allison for the enormous amount of help in the kitchen and every where else too!

We love all of you and will share more soon. May God bless you. We will be joining all you in praying for the Lord's hand to be manifest in the outcome of the upcoming election as well - although that may well mean that this country face the consequences for the evils of our day. Thank you all for your love and prayers on our behalf as well.

The Stones

No comments: