This week has again been really busy and I think I’ve spent every spare moment on the kitchen remodel project. Thursday, Ammon and Allison were here from early till way after dark. Bless them for doing so much on my kitchen. They were back again on Saturday and again we got a fair bit done. It’s been a lot of fun, this crazy remodeling project. But I think I want my kitchen back in order so I can find things and don’t feel like I live in a disaster at all times. It’s interesting to me that when this main room of the house is in such disarray, I feel like the rest of the house might as well go to pot too.
We have had some more normal events as well this week. Michael had a B-ball game on Saturday and while they got beat (to a pulp) he played very well and scored all the points on his team. Our Halloween candy is gone and I’m so thrilled. We are all healthy, Mike is doing well in Germany, the girls all love dance and are doing good with that as far as I can tell.
We had a mouse in the basement that I saw on Friday night so on Saturday we cleaned the storage room extra well and vacuumed and all that and I set some traps. Nothing in the traps yet and no sign of mice anywhere since Friday night so we’re praying it was a rogue and that we really don’t have a mouse problem.
Well I think my brain is fried and so I’m just bouncing around from topic to topic. I am thankful for my friends and family and even the country we live in even if they are so very foolish to have elected a jerk for president. I’m sure the Lords will has been done and we must do all we can to live righteous lives regardless of where the rest of our country and the world are going.
This is a quote from the first presidency message from the Ensign of April 1942. “We again warn our people in America of the constantly increasing threat against our inspired Constitution and our free institutions set up under it. The same political tenets and philosophies that have brought war and terror in other parts of the world are at work amongst us in America. The proponents thereof are seeking to undermine our own form of government and to set up instead one of the forms of dictatorships now flourishing in other lands. These revolutionists are using a technique that is as old as the human race—a fervid but false solicitude for the unfortunate over whom they thus gain mastery and then enslave them.” And there is more to the quote but that was the thought I was having and wanted to share.
So anyway, was that election just this week? Wow it seems so long ago. I don’t think I’m making sense anymore so good night everyone. Love from Colorado.
Oh my gosh! I can’t believe I almost forgot. We also had Daniel’s second birthday this week. It was fun and he was adorable as usual.
Allison made some way fancy pancakes for election day!






1 comment:
Wow! Tell Allison her pancakes are amazing! I bet they taste as good as they look. --I wouldn't be suprised if they possessed the power to make people who eat them vote for McCain... :-)
Happy Birthday to Daniel! He is so cute!
Post a Comment