Sunday, October 26, 2008

Well for this week I’ll make it short and sweet (I hope). Not much out of the ordinary happened this week. Michael started basketball on Wednesday and while his team doesn’t look to be the most talented bunch of kids, I think he will have fun. He also finished soccer this week. I must say I’m so glad it’s over for now. I am also very thankful that he was on this particular team this season. He actually loves playing soccer again. That hasn’t been the case for some time. It was a good team with good people. He has lots of new friends on the team now and I am ever so thankful that the Lord guided us in that decision this last summer. It has been a blessing for all of us.
Mike has had some good times over in Germany doing some traveling for a conference for work and got to be a victim of a bombing for a training drill that was held this weekend. He’s also been very busy with normal work stuff and always volunteering to do extra just to give him a little more to fill his time. It has been great to be able to visit with him on the webcam most days. We sure do miss him but I think we’re being helped through a lot of the grief due to prayers. Thanx all for your love and prayers.
The rest of us are all doing fine. The kids are terribly excited about upcoming Halloween parties and trick-or-treating. I’m not looking forward to big bags of temptation being all over the house for the next long time but I guess tis the season. I am so excited for Thanksgiving and our planed trip to Utah. I pray the weather will allow that. We also enjoyed a great primary program in sacrament meeting today. The kids all did a great job on their individual parts and my four primary kids along with Hans got to sing a verse on their own. It was really sweet and they got lots of compliments. There is always lots to be thankful for. Love to all, Until next week.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey Mylinda! Thanks for your comment. I am glad to know that I have someone who has done this a LOT more than me and with a LOT more children. You completely amaze me and I hope that one day I can be like you. My parents don't have a blog - I am trying to talk them into getting one, but...not yet. :) Good luck with everything. You are so strong. Love, Stephanie

Jaydee and Shaunda said...

Mylinda,
I am glad you had a great week. I am with you about all the Halloween candy...I hate all the whining and fighting and snitching. Aren't you the one who gave me the idea to let the kids eat all they want on one night and then the rest gets donated? I love that idea and have used it the past two years. The only problem is that our ward had a trunk or treat last Friday night, so I have to get through this week until we can have our "party".