Sunday, October 5, 2008

Things are mellowing (or maybe it's just me)

We finally had our last track meet for the little ones and it was great. Everyone of them did better than last week and Michael and Allison beat their previous times by a full 2 and 3 minutes respectively! It was fun and I am glad we don't have that anymore.


Skip to Thursday, the next interesting day of the week. Catherine turned 6! She got to go to "school" and take cupcakes with her. Thanx to Ammon and Allison who were here Wed. evening and helped make the cupcakes and do some decorating. It was way too busy of a day but we still managed to have a quick little celebration opening presents and eating her beautiful barbie cake and ice cream.

Friday, after all the dance classes etc. the kids finished off Catherine's birthday celebration by watching a new Barbie movie she got.

Saturday morning we had Michael's soccer pictures, Brittany's dance, Michael's soccer game, get packed up and ready to go and we were off to Sara's for conference. We enjoyed watching the afternoon session with Sara, Ammon, and Allison and then that evening, Allison, her sister, Lauren, Sara and I went to dinner and a movie. Oh it was so nice to get out for a while.

Sunday we again watched conference had a nice lunch, watched more conference and then returned home. Did I mention we slept over at Sara's? The kids thought that was TOPS! Well Daniel was a monster all morning and then started throwing up during the first session and continued throughout the rest of the day. (I'm so sorry Sara!) We got home and had a quick dinner and now I'm coaching the kids into bed so I guess I better go be a little more involved.
We are surviving without Mike here but that's it. Not flourishing, just surviving. I don't think I can say as much for the house. My goal is that it still be standing when he returns and perhaps even be inhabitable. 1/8 of the time is gone though so Yipee for that.

Good night friends.

No comments: