Saturday, May 1, 2010

April in a Blog shell



This is the month we'd waited for, always a treat we have in store, we wanted Lucy more and more, to come join our family. This was the time we'd been holding out for and here it finally was. The first week of April was all about waiting for Lucy. As I told in her birth story, I was very ready for her. In addition to Lucy waiting, we had some soccer games for both Michael and Hans, General conference, and as always, dance classes and ball practices, youth activities and school, piano and all. To add to it, my little sister, Merica, was getting married. We knew we wouldn't be able to go but I was so so sad to miss her wedding.
The day before Lucy came, we went to the zoo for a Home School Academy field trip. The school kids all got to do really fun extra stuff besides just seeing the animals. Catherine got to go into the Elephant cage (while they weren't in it) and hide little elephant treats for them to come find and then watched (from outside the pen) while the Elephants came back in and found the treats the kids had left for them.
Aunnika's class got to go the "underground bird training center" to see how they work with the birds and care for the new ones. Michael's class --- and finally Allison's class ---.
The most amazing thing that happened while we were there was that while Mike and I were with the little boys looking at the Snow Leopards, Daniel stood on the cement ledge right up against the glass. He was watching one leopard and a second one began to stalk him. It was fascinating to watch. Mike told Daniel to turn around so that his back was to the leopard and suddenly it pounced "SMACK" against the glass. It was trying to eat my son! Thankfully there was glass there and we just got the see the very exciting event of a leopard on the hunt.



This is Lucy (still hiding) Hans, and Daniel in the reptile house.
Here is Catherine hiding her treat for the elephants.
We still had pizza parties every Friday night of coarse.

This is the cutest soccer player in town!
Here are the boys at Michael's pack meeting. Daddy took all the kids and they had a super fun time eating dirt and worms. They also all planted beans in a cup and guess what, they all grew and we later planted them in our garden where they continued to grow and we even harvested beans from those plants.

And so that was what we did unusual for the month. It was enough though. Having a new baby is always enough. Lucy is such a delight. I don't think I've enjoyed a baby so much ever before. It's not because she better than any of the other kids, she's not, but with Brittany I was just alway worried about everything. I've definitely gotten better at caring for babies since then. Since baby one, it's been really hard to keep up with everything and everyone. So what makes it more fun is that I have big kids to cover for me with all of my other responsibilities so I don't worry about everything all the time. And to top it all off, she's a perfectly healthy little girl.

Holly Smack-a-rolly! I can't believe I almost forgot easter! We did celebrate easter this year and it was, as always great fun. I was so impressed with all of the kids and how they knew what easter is really all about and loved telling the story of Christ's atonement, death and resurrection. What amazing and wonderful kids I have. I am so thankful for them and for the atonement that allows me to repent so that all the mistakes I make don't totally mess my wonderful children up.

Happy April everybody!

No comments: