For 2 weeks, I'd been having uncomfortable contractions every 3-8 minutes constantly. Some times they would hurt worse than others but I just never knew if it was "the real thing". On Friday at about 11:00 I talked to Mike on the phone and was really just a bit of a mess. I just couldn't stand it any longer. At 3:00 I was so uncomfortable but I was just sure that it was another false alarm cuz I was never going to really go into labor! At 4:30 Mike called to tell me he was on his way home. I was still very emotional and so upset. Why won't these dumb contractions stop bothering me! They aren't doing anything. They never do. (I'm so rational when I'm in labor...NOT) Anyway, Mike got home at 5:00 and we sat on the couch to talk for a few minutes. He finally demanded that I time my contractions and grade them pain wise. While I did that he got changed and ready to take the big girls to dance. When he came downstairs, he told me that, like it or not, I was going to the hospital as soon as he got back. I called my friend and asked her to come over at 5:45. Mike got me out the the car and we drove to Evans Army Hospital 30 minutes away. It was REALLY hard to walk into the hospital cuz I was in soooo much pain. We got to L&D at 6:30. As I said before, Lucy was born at 6:45.
I am so sorry I put Mike through that. I wish he had a sensible wife who could say, "I'm in labor dear, it's time to go." But no he has an emotional nut case who really doesn't have a clue. The worst part is, he KNOWS I'm in labor when I become so irrational.
So that all aside, we have a most beautiful addition to our family and couldn't be more thankful for her and her beautiful spirit in our home.
1 comment:
Such a beautiful little dolly! :) Congrats!!
Post a Comment