So in looking over my November calendar, I see: dance, piano, ortho appt., dance, YW, scouts, basketball, activity days, piano, dance, and so on and so forth. So I guess the idea is, while November was super busy, it was busy with all the ordinary things that we fill our lives with every day. Ya know what? I really like that. I love our life right now. Ya it's busy and ya, sometimes I feel like it's a little crazy but this is a time in our lives when we have some very wonderful and unique opportunities and we are taking advantage of and enjoying those. I am sad to have to leave this life in a few months but, I am so filled with gratitude that we've had these beautiful experiences.
We did get to experience a few out of the ordinary things in Nov. as well. First and most important, Daniel had a birthday. That is going to get a post all its own but I just must mention here how we all adore that little guy. For Michael, soccer ended and basketball began. We had one final hot dog roast before the snow came, and then we had fun with that snow.
Here is Michael receiving a gift from his soccer coach.
This is an awesome angel that Allison made. Idn't it purdy?
Another "our of the ordinary" thing we did was go to an AF football game. Wow!!! was that a cold game. It was sleeting through the whole thing. We all wore our snow gear (snow pants, boots, gloves, hats, scarves etc.) and then most of us put plastic garbage bags over the whole getup to try to stay dry. It was quite the evening. The little ones did get a little cold so I took them back to the van for a warm up at half time and then back in to finish the game. What a fun time that was. I'm so glad we went and all the kids have expressed that they loved it too.
Mike also went on a TDY in Nov. Of course I never like that but we survived it and even made it to all of our "normal activities" to boot. We worked on a few home repair type projects in trying to get the house ready to sell in a few months. I always enjoy doing that kind of stuff and Mike is good to humor me.
Finally, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our dear friends. We drove up to Cheyenne WY. and spent a super fun and relaxing weekend with the Burns family. We ate lots of yummy food, played lots of fun games and did lots of good visiting. On Thanksgiving morning we did a Salvation Army food delivery service. That was such a good thing for us to get to do. Thanx Burns family for introducing a new tradition into our holiday. After Thanksgiving day we did go do some Christmas shopping. I generally don't like shopping at all! I was pleased to find that I quite enjoyed doing that with friends. It was a really terrific weekend. (Where are all of my pictures?)
And so there you are. What a wonderful month we had and how thankful we are for such a wonderful life!
1 comment:
November in a nutshell! Sounds like fun. I liked the picture of you all bundled up. Love you and wish you were near
Post a Comment