I like to think I can get a lot of stuff done during my lonely hours when Mike is out of town but for some reason I just don't feel like it. So anyway, I haven't caught up the blog like I'de hoped to but here are some pictures with commentary from the Don Redd Family Reunion 09. This took place July 9-12. 
Day one was cook out and pool party. As last year it was really great fun. The guys had their killer game of water basketball (I think some of them really did nearly get killed) it's a game without rules and for some reason they seem to really like it. I also had to add this picture of Hans going off the slide because he had been in swimming lessons for a month and was a difficult every day. I had to be in the water with him, it was a HUGE accomplishment just for him to get his face down in the water etc. Well granted he had improved some during that month but at this party he acted like he had no fear of the water. He was jumping in and going down the slide all on his own, he was swimming under the water and playing like he was a shark and attacking the other kids. It was truley amazing. Anyway, back to the reunion. 



Day two we started off with a big family temple session, then we presented our super fun family cheers. They were really good. I got them all on tape and we just watched them again on Sunday. Sooo good. We then went over to the church for a riotous game of indoor soccer. Holy Cow it was so fun and so wild. There were plenty of injuries and lots of bangs and bruises but I think every person who participated came away happy. It was just good fun. The little people and the pregnant people played in the nursery or ran around but everyone from about 8 or 9 up did some playing on the "field". We finished that day off with adults night out at the Mandarine and the kids at home for Movie night.
Day two we started off with a big family temple session, then we presented our super fun family cheers. They were really good. I got them all on tape and we just watched them again on Sunday. Sooo good. We then went over to the church for a riotous game of indoor soccer. Holy Cow it was so fun and so wild. There were plenty of injuries and lots of bangs and bruises but I think every person who participated came away happy. It was just good fun. The little people and the pregnant people played in the nursery or ran around but everyone from about 8 or 9 up did some playing on the "field". We finished that day off with adults night out at the Mandarine and the kids at home for Movie night.
Day Three, Saturday started out really early for some of us. We ran in the Farmington Festival days 5K. It was a cool experience. Mormon just sauntered through and came in third for the whole darn group (of about 500+) He could have easily won but he hadn't registered so he decided not to push himself too hard. 
That was followed by the parade. Mom is the Mother of the Year for Farmington so she was in the parade and we all got to walk behind to show off our awesome Mom.
After the parade, we played some crazy outdoor, wet games. Water kickball and slip and slide.
We then had a family meeting, pizza party, watched the family slide show (put together by Brittany, and it was fabulous) and then rootbeer floats. (no pictures of that, sorry)
Sunday morning several of us took all the 8 and up to see Grammy in Music and the Spoken Word and then came home for Scmt. meeting. We spent the rest of Sunday visiting and saying good bye to those leaving that day. It was just a really terrific reunion and we all had such a great time. I can hardley wait untill next year!
2 comments:
Oh so many good memories! I LOVE OUR FAMILY!!!
Yeah for a fun reunion!
Post a Comment