Monday, August 10, 2009

Now it's August!!!

I really can't believe how quickly this year is just FLYING by.

We had our second week of school, sort of. We are easing into this year one subject at a time. We will be full swing in about 2 weeks. It wasn't a bad week though. I thought it would be the pits. Monday, Mike left for a TDY in DC. I SOOOO wish we had lined someone up to come stay with the kids and I'd gone with him, but, alas, we did not and I did not. He kinda felt like most of it was a waste of time but it had to be done so were just being thankful that it's over.

Also on Monday, we had National Neighborhood Night Out. It was supposed to be on Tuesday but our Neighborhood watch coordinator got a little confused and so our neighborhood ended up having it on Monday. Anyway, I "got to" host a treat table again this year. We didn't have many people come by but enjoyed visiting with the ones who did. The kids all walked the neighborhood with our friends the Frey's. Hans and Daniel stayed at the table in our driveway with me. Hans was quite sick so he just lay on the couch all day long and then through the evening. He didn't eat a single thing all day. Daniel wasn't finished with his dinner so he didn't get to go and was really upset about it. I took him later when the other kids got home and had the big girls sit at our table.

Tuesday, EARLY in the morning, I took Brittan to the church where she departed for Beehive camp. She had a glorious time. She was so silly and happy when she got home. I'm glad she had such a great time but I sure missed her. That afternoon the police showed up at our house. Oh joy of joys! This time, Diana called the wildlife police (whatever that is) and said the kids were hurting a poor little birdie and needed a ticket. Oh that woman. Why won't she just leave us alone? True, they were holding a bird, they had found one injured and kept it in a box with some seed and water until it was strong enough to fly and then let it go. They are good kids. This had been during the previous week and weekend so why now?

Wednesday, Michael had his first soccer practice of the season. He had a great time and is so very happy to be playing soccer again. I'm glad he enjoys it so much. I think it's a good thing for him. He also had scouts that night but due to a little misunderstanding, we missed it. Oh well:)
I also spent most of the day canning peaches. I only did 14 quarts but I had to peel them all with a veg peeler cuz they weren't quite ripe. Ali helped quite a bit and it was her first time canning so she enjoyed it and learning how.

I can't remember a single thing about Thursday. Do you think I blocked it out? Anyway, Friday, we did some school and then Brittany and Daddy got home about 30 min apart. It was so great to have them back. Mike and I went out to lunch and then we came home and tore out the sink and toilet in the main bathroom. We discovered all the valves were leaking so we fixed one and had to wait till Saturday for the other two. We got ready for our family pizza and a movie party and then Brittany got called and asked to babysit. She really didn't want to but kinda got trapped. She was sooo tired from camp and also wanted to be with her fam. Can you blame her. Anyway, she was a good kid and did it anyway and had a good attitude about it.

Saturday, we got some weeding done in the flower gardens, fixed the other two valves in the bathroom and got it ready to paint, cleaned house, got ready for Sunday, went grocery shopping, canned 19 more quarts of peaches, and then Mike and I went on a date. We went miniature golfing with Ammon and Allison and little tiny Ammon. It was a good time.

Sunday was good. The week was good. It's so good to be a family and to be together.

No comments: