Monday, May 11, 2009

Livin' the Dream

I love mothers day. I LOVE being a mother. I LOVE my mother. Life is so very beautiful when your living your dream. I always wanted to be a mom. That was my life's dream and here I am, living the dream. I admit it's not what I thought it would be. It is both WAY better and way worse at the same time.
I never realized how hard it would be. I didn't realize how impossible it is to keep a house clean (or how little that REALLY matters). I didn't realize how much I still needed to learn back then and how much I still need to learn now. I didn't realize that I could learn those things from all kinds of people.
I have the single most wonderful mother on this earth. There is no doubt in my mind to the truthfulness of that statement. I pray that I can be more like her. I am married to the most wonderful man on earth. I never imagined how much love I would have for him. I adore my children. I always knew I would love my children (of course I would) but I just couldn't have imagined how intense that love would be.
Being a mom is the greatest thing a woman could ever be. And like I said before, I'm livin' the dream.

2 comments:

Charity said...

Yes- too true, too true. I like your line "its way better and way worse"
You are a great mother and you did learn from the best.
Happy Mothers Day Minna (as Enoch calls you)

T K Barlow said...

Melinda, so good to see your blog. i didn't know you had one, or that your whole family had one for that matter till you posted on ours. Tom is gone for 6 months to Iraq. I miss him, but have a great support system. You truly have a wonderful mother, and I have no doubt you follow in her footsteps. You have beautiful children too.