Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Month of Finishes

I don't even know where to begin. See I have dilemmas with my blogging. I sometimes write for the reader and usually write for my own record. I don't want to bore my readers with journal entries but I want a nice record of my life. After talking to my dear sister about this dilemma, I've decided that I'm going to keep a nice record of my life and if your bored, well I'm sorry but at least you know what the M&M Stone family is up to!

Well, we've all been running around. Literally! Allison, Michael, Aunnika, and Catherine were all in spring track, and I trained for (if you can call it that) and ran in my first road race, a 5K. I was third of the women and got an ok time. At least I didn't embarrass myself. The kids all did great this season and had a lot of fun. They are so fast! They put me to shame.

Michael finished out the spring soccer season and it was another good one. He loves soccer and I love that he loves it. I'm also love when it ends for a while cuz it definitely keeps us running.

The four home schoolers finished home school academy and all were so thrilled with the experience we had there. So am I! I loved the program and loved that the kids loved it.

Brittany finished 7th grade. It was so funny, at the award ceremony they gave all the kids certificates for finishing 7th grade. As opposed to what? Not finishing? PLEASE! Anyway, Brittany did get two other special awards for participating in and going to district level in Battle of the Books, and for a good GPA. She really did great! The first quarter was a little challenging as she was learning what it is to be a student in the public school system but after she learned how to figure out what a teacher really wants and play the system, she did awesome and I'm so proud of her.





My kids are just plain cute!









Well it's spring and so we've had a few distractions in our yard! Don't get me wrong, I think they're great but it does make it harder for the kids to focus on school. We like to watch the fox chasing the bunnies who have arrived in abundance!

The kids favorite pass time latley has been catching bunnies so Mike built them a cage and they now have two pet bunnies, Samoa and Jellybean. Who they love to hold and play with. We shall see how long this lasts. The good part is, if they neglect the bunnies, we can just let them go and feel no guilt. That's my kind of pet.

Michael got an interesting new hair cut.
We went to the zoo and then to Sperry's for Memorial day and had great fun with all the family. We love living close to family!





I got older and had a WONDERFUL day. We spent the morning up at the AF academy playing Frisbee, trying to fly a kite (it never really worked), played tennis, and had a wonderful time in the sunshine and eating doughnuts.


We then had a fun rest of the day here and I really enjoyed "hanging out" with my favorite people all day long just enjoying being together.





And finally we have done most of the trim in the kitchen so I am now saying it is FINISHED!
In the future, I will be doing more journal like and not such long blogs and they will hopefully not be so LONG!

2 comments:

Charity said...

Yeah, I'm glad to here about your cute family. Sorry I'm so long winded when we talk. Enoch was looking at the picuters on your blog and was excited about your bunnies- sounds like my kinda pet too!. Enoch also saw the picture of Hans and said "hey, thats me!" I think they look quite a bit alike, do you?

Phillips Flips said...

Wow, it looks like you have been busy, to say the least! Congrats on all the exciting finishes. I love your family picture and the kids have grown so much since I last saw them! We just moved to Brooklyn, NY, so I think Delia's dream of having bunnies will be on hold for a few years! You are so lucky.