The last two weeks have been super busy but it's been such a good busy. On Monday the 30th, Mike left to Chicago. Only a few things noteworthy happened while he was gone. We had a leaky pipe that started to reveal itself by dripping out the the ceiling in the big girls room in the basement. I cut the ceiling out and figured out what was leaking so we stopped using the up, upstairs bathroom for a few days. That is my only tub so Hans got to take a shower and thought that was glorious and Daniel had a sink bath and thought that was awful.
My Grandad Redd passed away and so I started making plans to get out to his funeral. It was completely insane trying to get all the kids to all their events this week but only because several had slightly changed times. And finally a bunch of us were sick. That was that week.
Mike got home Friday night and boy was I glad to have him back. Saturday was conference and both of Michael's soccer games got canceled due to the lovely weather, so we got to watch both sessions. I LOVED conference. Does that mean I'm old? I don't think it was ever specifically addressed on Saturday but the feeling and message that came to me was that we need to be a more holy people starting with ourselves and then our families. I was told that someone spoke on that very thing on Sunday afternoon but I missed that while traveling. Saturday night after the priesthood session Mike and I got our date in. I love that guy. I still get all giddy every time I get to go on a date with him.
Sunday I got to enjoy the first session with my family and then I rode with Sperry and his family and Ammon and Allison to Monticello Ut for my Grandads funeral. It was a good trip. I loved seeing so many of my cousins who I havn't seen in some of them more than 10 years. That's a shame that it took such a sad occasion to get us together again. I got to play my flute during the viewing with Merica on her flute and Annaliese on her cello. It was so good to be playing again. I miss my flute. It was a beautiful funeral. My Grandad was such an amazing guy. So so gererous and kind and dedicated to the gospel. His passing leaves a whole in my life but he has been alone for so so long. I know he is so happy to be in heaven with the family he has missed for so many years.
Following the funeral on Monday we drove back here to CO. It was a quick trip with more driving than not but I'm so glad I got to be there. The kids had spent the day, Monday, at a friends house while Mike was at work and they had a grand time.
Tuesday, Wednesday, were our normal busy crazy days and them Thursday the big kids all went to school for a fun field trip to a pioneer farm. Brittany was home sick and Hans and Daniel and I were packing for our trip to Vernal for Easter weekend. We barely got everything ready in time. Mike came home from work a little early and we went and picked the kids up from school and just kept on going all the way to Vernal Ut. to spend the weekend with James and Annaliese White and their family.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you got to be at the funeral. Its awesome that you two still go on date all the time, way to be :) How fun that you got to be with Annas and fam for Easter- thats great! We were with Krista so that was just wonderful too:)
Post a Comment