Like November, we did a lot of the same. Piano lessons, Dance classes, basketball practice, Orthodontist appointments, and I finally went to one of my OB appointments. (I have a tendency to forget those and thus miss them)
One of our super fun activities was getting our Christmas tree. It was WAY too cold to go cut a tree in the mountains (High of 2 deg) And not very nice travel weather (this was the day before Ali's birthday and as I mentioned on that day I couldn't even get out of our neighborhood till later in the day) So we decided a different approach would be good. We went to a tree lot and picked a tree. That's something the kids have seen in movies so it was fun to get to do that for real too. We picked our tree and than sipped hot chocolate while they tied it to the roof. That was pretty nice. The one bad was that I forgot my camera (how unusual you say) oh well. Good memories.
We also did a LOT of shopping. Christmas shopping is fun though. I remember as a kid when we would go shopping for the gift we would give to our sibling. It was always so much fun. Well I hope my kids enjoy it as much as I used to and I think they do. We went to several stores to get all of our treasures and then we went to the food court at the mall for dinner. That's a favorite memory from my childhood too, although I understand they now go to fancy restaurants (hmmm) anyway, I loved that we all got to choose what "restaurant" we bought our food from. That's one of the things my kids like about it too.
Something else we enjoyed in December was Caroling, parties, and concerts. We went and caroled to about 15 neighbors and friends with treat plate for them. It was so fun. The kids were so cute. Oh I just LOVE being a mom. I guess that's cuz I have the cutest kids on earth and I just can't seem to get enough of them! So anyway, they were really cute carolers and loved by all who got the hear them.
We got to watch all the girls do some dancing during "parents week" at the dance studio. The little girls actually had prepared some dances to show us. They are so fun. The big girls were really fun to watch too.
A really cool thing that we did was deliver gifts for the Silver Key organization. They deliver meals and gifts to seniors in the area and as a family we got to participate in that. What a good feeling to bring some happiness to lonely people. That's another treasured memory from my child hood. At Christmas we always prepared some songs and a gift for some of the widows and widowers in our area and went to share some Christmas cheer. I'm so thankful that my kids are getting to have that opportunity and create those special memories.
We also went to Brittany's Christmas band concert. I was, again, impressed with how good they are for a middle school band. They were actually fun to listen to. Brittany loves to play in the band and is pretty darn good too. Just Mike and I went to that. We left the rest of the kids home with Alli to babysit. It was a fun date.
So there you have it folks that was our December! Well most of it. Christmas will get it's own spot.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment