Sunday, September 14, 2008

September, week 2

Well this week seems to have flown by. We didn’t do much out of the ordinary, but the ordinary is so much, that I felt like I was living in a whirlwind. We had soccer, dance, piano, track, school, and all the stuff that keeps our little world turning. The out-of-the-ordinary things that happened this week were; Mike stayed home from work on Thursday and we got the electrical done in the new wall and the rest of the sheetrock up.
Saturday Michael had another really exciting soccer game and again scored a goal and made several other great plays. Also on Saturday, Brittany got a letter from the NEW ERA. They want to publish a poem that she wrote and are paying her for it. That was of course very exciting for her. She loves to write. Saturday we hung a new door for our bedroom, it was a pain. Why are doors so hard to get just right? Anyway, we will be gradually changing out all of the doors in the house as one of our steps to modernizing the house for when we have to sell it again. Also this week I had to get an extension on my independent study class. That means I really have to buckle down and do it cuz I can’t have another extension.
We are sad that this is our last week before Mike leaves but are so thankful that he will be in a safe place and that we will be able to talk to him fairly often. I just don’t know how to deal with 7 kids all by myself. Today in Sacrament mtg. I realized that some Sundays are going to be an absolute nightmare. If the kids behave how they did today while Mike is gone I think I’ll just pack up and head home. They weren’t all bad, Hans and Daniel just had a melt down at the same time, but I also thought several times this week that I have really great kids and we can do this. WE CAN! We have some really amazing friends living right here by us and a great ward. I have loads to be thankful for and that’s what I will keep reminding myself of. I must admit that I have several times considered putting the kids in school just for the semester but while home school is really hard, it is also really rewarding and I think having the kids around me will help me not feel lonely so much. What do ya think? Anyway, we’ll report again next week. Love to all and to all a good night.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

If anyone can do it, you can. You are amazing. Seriously, I'm in awe of all you do.

I love your family picture, btw, you have a beautiful family.

Good luck. I'll be praying for you while Mike is away.

Jaydee and Shaunda said...

What a beautiful family picture. Let us know when Brittney's poem will be published. We will be looking for it.
You can do this. Call me anytime and we can talk about our husbands being away and the struggles of raising a large family with out them. But, you are an amazingly strong woman who has a great sense of humor. That will get you through most days. My prayers will be with you.