Hans turned six this month. This is a particularly special birthday at our house. When a child turns six or sixteen they get to have a friends party. Oh how our little ones look forward to this special day and none more than Hans Bennion.
On Friday we had his special dinner, went to a free showing of Nanny McFee Returns, and gave family gifts. That was great. We all got a kick out of his funny expressions of gratitude.

For the party on Saturday, he invited his primary class and several friends from "school" to come to his monsters vs. aliens party. We had such a blast.
Allison and various helpers spent a little over a week creating a fun pinata of Bob the Blob. It turned out so great and the kids had a terrific time bashing it for their candy.
I made a really awesome cake, if I do say so myself. We've been watching a fun show on line called "Cake Boss" and decided to make our own version of an amazing cake. I can't claim full credit though because while I made the cake itself, I had lots of help with the amazing decorations.

Mike and I made Insectosaurus, Michael made Missing Link, Allison made the terrifying Susan, Brittany made Bob the Blob and Dr. Cockroach, and working all together we made a pretty great creation.
The kids played fun games, made monster masks, colored pictures, went on a treasure hunt, gave gifts and ate cake and ice cream. Hans was so happy and I was so thrilled to see him so.

He is such a fun and happy little guy. All of the kids at the party were so entertained by him and of coarse he loved that attention. He is so dog-on smart too. I have teachers, kids parents, and family friends telling me all the time about some amazing fact that they learned from Hans. Naturally most of them are about animals as that is still his number one love.
He is also getting to be a terrific reader and mathematician. He is a good worker (when he chooses to be) and a great help with his baby sister. Hans is just an all around great kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment